When it comes to business marketing using social media platforms, Instagram stands tall among all other social media platforms. This is in spite of the fact that Instagram is after Facebook and Twitter in a number of users active on these platforms. Therefore, if you are on the line of contemplating strengthening your social media marketing strategy in 2021, you should seriously consider using Instagram. This will help you to:
- Reach out to more of your target audience much efficiently and more effectively
- Make sure that the level of engagement and interaction between you and them is more and
- Enhance the chances of conversion and increase your customer base.
Therefore, put more emphasis on the different Instagram marketing tactics and best practices to go ahead of your competitors in 2021, making the best use of your social followers.
If you are still apprehensive about implementing Instagram marketing with your social media marketing, then here are a few general and B2B statistics that will encourage you to use it immediately.
Taking a look at the general Instagram statistics be informed that:
- It now has more than a billion active users in a month. If you know simple math and can drive even one percent of them to your website and business, you can well imagine the number. Lost? It is one followed by seven zeros, or put, ten million!
- More and more businesses, especially eCommerce. Are inclined to use Instagram since it comes with lots of eCommerce related tools and features. Using these, the companies find it easy to move on their road to success.
Therefore, it makes suitable enough sense for social media managers, business owners, and advertisers to use Instagram for their business. It all depends on how you utilize the various tools, features, and options of this platform so that you can gain more Instagram followers and connect with them to turn them into your loyal customers.
The power of Instagram
The fact that so many people are using Instagram, more than one billion monthly active users according to the 2018 report of TechCrunch, shows that this mobile photo and video sharing network is one of the most popular ones among social followers worldwide. Now for the power of Instagram.
Social media managers and marketers use it extensively for promoting their brand and product because of its immense power to reach a large audience more engagingly. It raises the interest in the followers to click at the link in your profile bio to visit your website to know more about you, your business and product.
- The fact that you can edit and share both photos and videos make Instagram the most powerful and popular social network.
- It is also a powerful tool because you can reach teens and young millennials, people who are primarily responsible for making Instagram one of the most popular social media platforms.
Apart from the tremendous number of monthly active users, there are also a few other reliable and good indicators that you should not question the power of Instagram or wonder whether or not you should invest your time and money on Instagram.
Mostly, young adults love Instagram, and they are the ones who will push your business graph further northwards? Here are a few Instagram demographics data that will prove this fact and even encourage you to use it for your business promotion and marketing.
- 71% of the billion monthly active users on the Instagram mobile app, according to Statista 2019 report, are below the age of 35 and
- The most popular age group is between 25 and 34 years
- The second popular age group is between 18 and 24 years.
There is no doubt that your target audience falls under any one of the abovementioned demographics.
Therefore, these statistics about the distribution of Instagram followers of the world as of January 2019 show that it is prudent to utilize this platform for your brand promotion.
The likes and other factors
Instagram reports and several other survey reports corroborate with the facts and figures of the users and usefulness of this social media network.
- According to the source wired.co.uk/article/Instagram-doubles-to-half-billion-users, it is found that every day the platform receives more than 4.2 billion likes.
- Another source, blog.hootsuite.com/Instagram-statistics, reveals that every day there are nearly 400 million Instagram Stories posted, and different businesses and brands create one-third of these Stories.
- According to brandwatch.com/blog/Instagram-stats, more than 60% of Instagram users login to their accounts every day, and quite a large number of them logging in multiple times in a day.
Instagram is the second most engaged social media network after Facebook, with over 100 million photos uploaded on an average every day by the Instagram users, as per the source omnicoreagency.com/instagram-statistics.
Impressive B2B statistics
Since you are into business and are apprehensive about using Instagram for your business marketing purposes, you will surely like to know about a few B2B statistics.
- There are more than 33% of B2B companies are using this as their marketing tool, and that figure is continually rising
- According to a report of TrackMaven, Instagram provides twenty times more engagement in comparison to LinkedIn, when it comes to the B2B brands
- It is also found that 98.9% of interactions with the customers and these B2B brands come in the form of “likes” instead of comments
- For the B2B brands, Instagram users, on average, have 22.53 interactions for every 1000 followers for each post on Instagram, which is several times more than Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
It is for these reasons that more than 13% of B2B brands rank Instagram as the most crucial tool for their business marketing purposes.
According to a statistical report of SquareLovin, in 2020, the Instagram users will spend nearly 18 minutes on an average on this platform in 2020. With the use of the user-generated content, businesses can get 300% higher Click-Through rates through ads, 4.5 times higher conversions, reduce cost per acquisition, and cost per click by 50%. Impressed enough to start using Instagram?
Pete Campbell handles social media at Gramista and he loves to write about email marketing and Instagram.